The commercial version of GdPicture.NET version 10 will be released on September 2013. A BETA program is now available to try the new functionalities of GdPicture.NET 10.
Muret, France, July 08, 2013.
ORPALIS has launched the BETA version of GdPicture.NET 10. The major features of this release are numerous and include a new Color Detection engine, WebP image format support (reading and writing), full color profile support, Micro QR Code support (decoding and writing), full support for 16-bits per channel bitmap, image codecs improvements, vector support for PDF/OCR and more.
The BETA program of GdPicture.NET 10 is accessible upon request on the helpdesk platform of the GdPicture website at https://orpalis.zendesk.com/ (Support/Submit Ticket/GdPicture.NET 10 BETA Program).
Here is a short overview of some of the major changes (the list is not exhaustive and is updated daily):
- Color detection (new plugin).
- New Micro QR Code Reader and Writer engine.
- Support to access image information, metadata and embedded thumbnail without decoding pixel added.
- PDF/OCR creation from PDF keeping all input document content (fonts, text, bitmap, vectors, metadata, page structures…).
- GdPicture Tesseract Plugin now based on Tesseract 3.02 and includes more languages.
- GdPicture Tesseract Plugin behaviour can now be fully customized.
- AES 256 bit encryption support for PDF format.
- Average PDF rendering time decreased by 20%. Up to 50% on bitmap based PDF.
- JPEG2000 compression scheme support for PDF creation.
- Faster JPEG codec (between 2 and 4 times faster for loading and saving purpose).
- JBIG2 decoding: speed improvement, multipage reading optimization.
- Support for native 48-bit and 64-bit bitmap processing.
- Multipage tiff loading time divided by two.
- Multipage tiff creation with mixed JPEG and CCITT compression support.
- Option to extract a specific page of an editable multipage tiff document without the need to decode and re-encode the bitmap added.
- Support for sequential multipage tiff writing into stream objects (including mixed compression support) added.
- Support to specify compression of each page in multipage tiff writing added.
- PNG encoder improved and interlacing + compression level customization + 48 & 64 bit PNG creation + predictor support added.
- RLE compression support for 8bpp BMP saving added.
- 48 bit and 64 bit output support JPEG 2000 saving added.
- Full ICC profile support for RGB and CMYK color spaces.
- Transparency support for EXR saving added.
- Morphological Operators: thinning, skeletonize, open, close.
- WebP image support (reading and writing).
- Multipage ico reading support.
- « Number of copies » & collate option support in the printing dialog boxes.
- HDR Images filter support.
- Sobel and Prewitt Operators Edge Detectors filters added.
- Thumbnail reading and writing in image structure.
- Support for CMYKA, CMYK16 and CMYKA16 color spaces with ICM correction added.
- Support for CMYKA and CMYK16A tiff creation added.
- Support for IPTC tags writing and editing added.
- PDF parser to recover corrupted documents and to speed-up document reading / generation improved.
Upgrade to GdPicture.NET 10
Owners of a Gdpicture.NET v9 license bought after March 1st 2013 are eligible for a free upgrade to GdPicture.NET 10 which will be released in September.
For licenses bought before March 1st 2013 discounted prices will be available in September.
The GdPicture sales team can be contacted on the live-chat from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm Central European Time (GMT +1).
Sales tickets can be sent anytime from our helpdesk.
A Quick Contact Form is also available.
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand « GdPicture », which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011 ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users. PDF Reducer is launched in 2013. www.orpalis.com / www.gdpicture.com