Muret, France, November 18th, 2013.
ORPALIS has launched the version 10.1 of its bestselling product GdPicture.NET Imaging SDK. This release includes new features of the barcoding and PDF domains. A new plugin to read and handle DICOM files is available for the Medical Imaging Market.
What’s new in GdPicture.NET 10.1?
- 1D barcode reading memory handling improved.
- 2D barcode detection accuracy improved.
- PDF pages drawing, duplicating and cloning mechanism improved.
- PDF rendering engine improved.
- Interface changes.
- Support to determine if TIFF/JPEG codec must produce image including quantization tables and or Huffman tables (by altering the JpegTablesMode exif tag) added.
- New DICOM Plugin.
With the DICOM Plugin, GdPicture.NET is entering the market of Medical Imaging components.
DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is a set of standards which regulates all aspects of handling the medical-imaging digital information and is used in medical specialties (like radiology, cardiology, radiotherapy, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology, pneumology, surgery and more) as well as in dentistry and veterinary. With the DICOM Plugin for GdPicture.NET developers can now add to their applications the ability to handle medical-related images for viewing and analysis purposes.
Below is the list of its main features:
- Decode and view DICOM image files.
- Supports all standards from the version 1 to the version 3.
- Read all attached Tags (Patient, Study, Physician, Image).
- Adjust dynamically Window width and level for images with a VOI LUT.
- Supports any bit-depth image, IE: 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 or 16-bit images.
- RAW, JPEG (8-12-16), JPEG 2000, Deflate and RLE compressions.
- Lossy and lossless JPEG compression.
- Full multipage support.
- Convert DICOM images to multipage TIFF, JPEG, PNG, WebP, PDF…
- Low memory usage and fast image decoding.
- AnyCPU: available in 32 bit & 64 bit versions.
- Can work in multi-thread applications.
GdPicture.NET 10 Editions and Plugins are 100% royalty-free.
The download of GdPicture.NET 10.1 is available on the GdPicture website at the Download page.
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand “GdPicture”, which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011 ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users. PDF Reducer is launched in 2013. www.orpalis.com / www.gdpicture.com