ORPALIS has released a new free medical software to read and handle DICOM files, ORPALIS DICOM Viewer Free edition. This tool is powered by the GdPicture technologies.
Muret, France, December 2 -nd, 2013.
The ORPALIS DICOM Viewer is a free tool for medical staff as well as for anyone else needing to view files in the specialized DICOM format.
DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is a set of standards which regulates all aspects of handling the medical-imaging digital information and is used in medical specialties (like radiology, cardiology, radiotherapy, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology, pneumology, surgery and more) as well as in dentistry and veterinary.
The ORPALIS DICOM Viewer is based on the GdPicture.NET SDK, it was written in WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and it runs on any 32- or 64-bit Windows Operating Systems starting with Windows XP / NT up to the latest ones. The launch of this free software for end-users follows the release of the GdPicture.NET DICOM Image Reader Plugin for developers in November 2013.
ORPALIS DICOM Viewer Free Edition includes:
- Support for all DICOM file types from version 1 to version 3.
- Support for DICOM files with multiple embedded images.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Multithreaded files loading.
- Single DICOM file loading or multiple files loading located in the same folder.
- All attached tags (Patient, Study, Physician, Image) viewing.
- Window Level (WL) and Window Width (WW) adjustment by mouse interaction.
- Series of frames animated in loop mode.
- Multiple frames exploration via a thumbnail viewer using the scrolling feature.
- Image capturing for paste function.
ORPALIS DICOM Viewer is easy to use by anyone: it is convenient for pedagogical purposes and for communication purposes between doctors, patients and staff.
The download is available on the ORPALIS website at the DICOM Viewer dedicated page
The ORPALIS DICOM Viewer is made in memory of M.D. Emil Nemteanu, neurologist.
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand “GdPicture”, which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011 ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users. ORPALIS PDF Reducer and ORPALIS DICOM Viewer are launched in 2013.
orpalis.com / gdpicture.com