PaperScan Scanning Software version 3 is here!
New version, new interface!
When you open PaperScan you will see the first major change, the interface got a rather extreme makeover. A lot of new features are also available, and some of them where specifically requested by you, the PaperScan users.
What’s new in PaperScan V3?
We have an overall better performance of the software in terms of speed and accuracy and improvements in the following domains:
– Scanning: preview feature in scanning wizard, improved support for camera devices and large documents.
– Formats: SVG, EMF and WMF now supported.
– Printing: advanced printing dialog to specify alignment, adjustment, orientation…
– Automatic color detection: improvement of the engine to get a better compression of the files created.
– OCR (Optical Character Recognition): now more than 60 languages are supported by our OCR engine.
– Automatic image orientation.
– New settings panel and profile manager to create, remove and switch configuration settings.
– Custom keyboard shortcuts management.
– More than 20 new filters and effects.
– New despeckle filter in batch acquisition/import filters.
– Improvement of all document imaging filters such as Auto – deskew, punch holes removal…
– Replacement of autocrop by automatic black borders removal in batch acquisition/import filters.
– Pre-set annotations support with a featured designer.
– New annotation : polygon ruler.
You can see the full history of changes on our dedicated page.
The download of PaperScan V3 is available here.
To evaluate the V3, just uninstall your old version and reinstall the new one.
Each download of a commercial version (PaperScan Home and PaperScan Pro) comes with a 30 days trial. And as usual, the free version stays free!
Give it a try and let us know what you think on the forum!
The pricing of PaperScan V3 is still the same: 49 USD for the Home Edition and 149 USD for the Pro Edition.
Customers who purchased a license after December 26th 2014 are eligible for a free upgrade.
For an upgrade from version 2, the upgrade price for the Home edition is 25 USD. The upgrade price for the Pro edition is 75 USD.
You own a V1 or V2 and you’re not sure about the different opportunities to upgrade to V3? You can contact us here.
Our sales team will be happy to answer all your questions!