We have released the first version of XLSX support this summer, and following customer feedback and requests, we have added new functionalities each week ever since.
In today’s article, we are going to let you know a bit more about what we like about this feature, and how you can use it in our SDK for desktop (GdPicture.NET) and web (DocuVieware) applications.
Many of you already know that MS Office support can be complex and resource-consuming when it’s not native.
So, let’s look first at the key benefits of XLSX support in our SDK:
Thread-safe and independent
Like all our Office solutions (DOCX, ODT, RTF and more, XLSX support in GdPicture.NET is thread-safe and independent of applications like MS Excel and OpenOffice.org and no conversion or server dependencies are required.
This means that you and your users won’t need any MS Office, open-source, or any other third-party licenses to manage XSLX documents.
If we look closer, XLSX support includes the following functionalities:
- Read XSLX from file or stream without Microsoft Excel
- Print XLSX document with full control on the printing process
- Convert to searchable PDF
- Display cell/text, tables, styles, formatting
- Convert to image files
- Table of content
- Conversion retains layout
- Conversion to PDF preserves fonts and text
- Search and extract text
- Any CPU: available in 32-bit & 64-bit versions
- Can work in multi-thread applications